OGS Founders

The school was conceptualized by certain indigenes of Offa who way back in the late 1930s had seen education for the people of Offa as a vehicle for development. Their drive was given impetus by the socio- cultural movement of the town, the Offa Descendants’ Union (ODU).

Rev. Ludlow, first Principal The school was conceptualized by certain indigenes of Offa who way back in the late 1930s had seen education for the people of Offa as a vehicle for development. Their drive was given impetus by the socio- cultural movement of the town, the Offa Descendants’ Union (ODU).

Largely due to the great effort of Reverend RN Ludlow, a British missionary, the school became established in February 1943, and what was initially a dream was translated into reality.

First set of studentsFrom its early very modest beginning with 18 students (in the picture at right), it has grown vastly in status. The current student enrollment is over 2000.

The school’s all round achievement is a reflection of the dedication and industry of the Principals and Staff members the school had been blessed with over the years.

You are here: Home History